A phenomenon that has occured quite a few times in the past week in Everything. Some noder (probably high level, but it could be otherwise) cools a sequence of nodes so that it would make a dumb message show up in the Cool User Picks.

Today's example:

lick, my, ass
suck, my, dick
Spydr, sucks

Why bother doing this? It is a waste of your privilege of cooling, moreover, these nodes probably are not even cool. Why hog the frontpage space and put dumb nodes there when other noders' personal picks should be there? You're wasting everyone's time.

It is also childish, IMHO. But it is your cools. Do whatever you want with them. This is just a suggestion.

If anyone still cares...:

  • http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=529746&cooluser=tregoweth&place=461&useraction=cooled&lastnode_id=529746&orderby=tstamp%20DESC
  • http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=529746&cooluser=Spydr&place=9&useraction=cooled&lastnode_id=529746&orderby=tstamp%20DESCv
  • http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=529746&cooluser=ariels&place=276&useraction=cooled&lastnode_id=529746&orderby=tstamp%20DESC

If anyone is still doing this, I might point out that it can be traced easily enough:

  1. Find a stupid sequence of words, or, (as I did) stumble across an old WU discussing one.
  2. Go to the "?node=" of one of the words in question.
  3. Find a writeup that clearly does not deserve a c!
  4. Do a cool archive search on the author of said WU, or, if it's recent, just check cool archive.
  5. Find the person who cooled the node, and do a cool archive search on them.
  6. Keep paging through until you find the sequence of words in question (which will stand out on the screen like a snowball in July).
  7. Count down, and hand-edit the place= in the URL to put it right at the top.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.