The promise of a BBQ in our house is one that is always looked on in great spirit. My mums side of the family all have one every year, and invite ALL the family along (my mums side is particually big with 3 sisters and 2 brothers all now with kids and even grandchildren). So all in all when a BBQ is about to happen my mum cooks for the 4 million ;).

You name it we just about had it. Sausage rolls, kiesh, salad, chocolate, trifels and much much more, and then there was the food to be cooked on the BBQ!. Before Thursday we had one of more original charcol BBQs (which were in fact a bit crappy), but now we have the upgraded gas model (basically less mess, and the food is cooked quicker, yay!), and lets not forget the most important ingreident......Alcohol!

The event was indeed a very pleasent old fashioned nosh up and was enjoyed by everyone there. It was good to see a few mates come up, (some were leaving for Turkey in a few hours!). However there is a downside to this, i have to eat chicken for a bloody long time now! (mum bought to much!)

In other news!

Im thinking of writing a story : /. Not to sure on the stucture of it, but i have written a few lines (if anyone wants to have a look just check out my scratchpad, your all more then welcome). Also any comments or ideas on the whole matter would be great :D.

My starting date for College is 3rd October, which i am looking forward to. I will be sharing a room with some total stranger, im sure he will be cool though (well i hope anyway, i dont wanna wake up with an axe hanging over my head :)) Im starting to get excited about it now i think. the day is coming sooner and sooner. I just hope i enjoy it and do well.

Im now running my new pc which is excellent. Its not the best pc in the world, but certainly the best ive had (well some of the parts anyway)

  • 700 AMD Duron Processor
  • 20gig Hardrive (i know its not that good, but hey upgradeable!)
  • NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 32meg
  • 256 MB of RAM

So overall not bad for a pc thats gonna be used for college work and stuff :)

While browsing on a P2P network I happened upon a file called "CENSORED by U.S. MEDIA - BBC Bush Election Expose - How the Republiklan Subverted Democracy - bushfraud.avi" which talked about a long forgotten topic -- the 2000 elections. Watching the video, a thought came to me.

I've read* about how the Bill Clinton Administration tried to warn the new Bush Administration about the terrorist threat against USA, but because of the rivalry between the two, this warning was never taken seriously.

The video clip claims that George W. Bush, working with his brother Jeb Bush - Governor of Florida - manipulated the voter's list to win Dubya the election. And put a Republican Administration in place of the former Democratic Administration.

Imagine if no such thing had happened. Al Gore would have been president. The Adminstration would have stayed Democrat. The terrorist warning would have been taken more seriously. Things could have been done. Things could have happened. Things could have been prevented from happening.

I wonder if the current president has a conscience, and does that conscience ask him about the possibility that the 3000+ were the victims of his wish to become president, using any method possible.


* http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020812/story.html -- grab it quick, Time put away articles inside an archive accessed only through a subscription after a while.

.....mussst....reachhhh....levell...twooooo.....

I don't daylog much, but I am taking the weenie's way out in my anxiety to no longer be a lowly initiate. I would prefer to move onto becoming a slightly less-low novice. I can do it, I swear! Take my E2 training wheels off, Dad, I'm ready to go! I am ready to see the anticlimactic message in my epicenter that I need xx more writeups to reach level 3. Will I feel different when I wake up and am a level two? Will the E2 fairy have left a bronze e-pencil under my pillow? Do i get a cyber-plaque? a pin? a cookie? Or perhaps the simple prestige of saying "I have 25 writups that were NOT eaten by Klaproth" ....hmmmm.....I guess that works too...

I am happy.

This week I started my new job as News Media Manager for GLAAD, and it feels so good to be putting my college degree to good use while working for a good cause at the same time. I still can't believe I finally managed to escape the bonds of retail. I truly feel blessed. And although I've only been working at my new job for three days, I can tell already that I'm going to love it there. My cubicle has a view of the downtown Los Angeles skyline and I've got DirecTV to keep me from getting bored. But truly the best part of the job is the knowledge that I'm going to make a difference in the world with my work.

My boss told me today that if I had only sent my resume to them, they never would have called me for an interview. Apparently, what really sold her was my cover letter. If that isn't a compliment to my writing skills, I don't know what is. If there' one thing I've learned from the experience of trying to break into a new career, it's that you've got to sell yourself to get the job. What you know is never as important as how you prove that you know how to work it to your advantage.

What is the rest of the world doing at this hour?

I'm not quite sure, but at this moment I think that I just had the best time of my life over the course of 35 minutes.

"Sex?" Some might wonder. "Drugs?" Others may question. "Rock and roll," still, people ponder.

Pardon the day-log... I'm not too keen on these things, only because they remind me of the infectious human emotions that are too toxic to place anywhere else in life -- save the psychologist’s couch with a swift one-hundred dollar an hour kick in the pants. But no -- I've got a story to tell.

It was an average night as far as evenings go here at Tennessee Technological University. Everyone all packed up and on their respective journeys to their native town. It's a suitcase college, what do you expect? Everyone goes home on the weekends. A lackadaisical evening of moving watching and popcorn eating... Random jokes involving the words "balls" or "homosexual" were being slung back and forth across the room during slow parts of the movies being watched. Van Wilder, Men in Black, and then Kids... all the movies went down as the memories of this evening. Comes one o'clock sharp and the evening is to end... but not just yet. Out of curiosity or stupidity, one -- I decide to ask my friend if he wants to go on a run. Yeah, that's right -- One o'clock in the morning and I'm curious if he wants to go put some mileage on the old running shoes. You have to understand, my friend and I were ancient cross country heroes back in the glory days of high school. Nostalgia or ignorance played their hand in the events that followed.

The a.m. air was crisp and full of nothing. Police sirens echoed in the background and bugs buzzed in the pallor of the late night street lights. This must have been the fastest two miles ever known to man. We hadn't run in over 4 or 5 months, yet it was as if we picked up as though no time had passed. Whilst out on our morning excursion we noticed that the SAE party was still kicking strong. With only a few moments hesitation we turned an about face and headed straight in. It doesn't take much to walk around like you've got a big cock at a party -- all you have to do is know one person. Such a person we knew, and such an opportunity we had to walk through this party filled with drunken women whistling and insecure men staring at the sweaty and tired bodies of these two men walking through the party. We chugged a beer, and gave a few woots, and off we went to finish our journey. All this, folks, in no more than 35 fateful minutes.

You see... It's not the time it takes to get from point A to point B; it's what happens in between. Our simple journey, the simple descision, the fact that there was no one around campus to tell us otherwise lead us in to this fateful night of post midnight antics.

Life is beautiful some days.

Today I’m staying outdoors and working my butt off until I’m sweaty and dirty and feel like I have accomplished something. This is just a break.

I have a fire pit to build and mums to plant. There are grass-clippings waiting to become compost. There are dogs to run and birds to feed. The invisable fense ditch needs filling in and my neighbor has spare dirt from digging her pond. Most importantly there are fairy furnishings to build.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.