Transforms from car to robot and back!

THROTTLEBOT: SEARCHLIGHT

FUNCTION: SURVEILLANCE
"Seeing is, by itself, not enough for believing."

A creature of the night. Cruises the Earth with the curiosity of a cat. Nothing is too insignificant or irrelevant to escape his notice. Quiet, serious; a loner. Top row of headlights equipped with stereoscopic digital video cameras, spectroscopic chemical analyzer, and radiation detector. Bottom lights can produce strobe effect, full color spectrum with blinding 10,000 watt brightness.

  • Strength: 3
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 5
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 4
  • Firepower: 1
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


The toy was a white Ford RS200 rally car, modified with lots of extra headlights. Other than that, though, he was pretty much indistinguishable from fellow Throttlebots Chase and Freeway.

A bulletin board (BBS) software system now owned by telegrafix. Searchlight (or slbbs) was especially popular in my hometown of Christchurch, New Zealand for reasons never truly explained. Searchlight's final release was February 6, 1999.

"Searchlight BBS is a character-based online service for Windows or MS-DOS operating platforms. Searchlight supports two distinct connectivity options (via direct-dial over modems, or over the Internet via Telnet) and three types of character-based terminals (TTY, ANSI, and RIP). It can support multiple simultaneous connections and comes in Single, Three, Ten, and Unlimited line licenses."

Searchlight BBS was famous among sysops for it's bright yellow box. Aaah, the bright yellow box.

But no more -- for alas, the tale endeth: "no further versions of Searchlight BBS are planned. Searchlight BBS has enjoyed an exceptionally long life for a software product (over 10 years), but the emergence of the Internet and the Web has rendered it impractical for us to continue developing a commercial BBS system".

quiet sobs...

Search"light` (?), n.

(a)

An apparatus for projecting a powerful beam of light of approximately parallel rays, usually devised so that it can be swiveled about.

(b)

The beam of light projecting by this apparatus.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.