- 2 T oil
- 1 t salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chicken cut up into 1x1-inch pieces
- 2 T oyster sauce
- 2 t soy sauce
- 1 t rice wine
- 1 t shredded ginger
- 1 cup soup stock
- 2 scallions cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 t sugar
- 1 t cornstarch
- 1 t soy sauce
Preparation: Mix E, F, G, H, and 1 T water. Mix K, L,
M and 4 T water.
- Put A, B, and C in a hot wok.
- Stirfry D for 5-minutes or until golden brown
- Add E, F, G, H and stirfry for another 2 minutes
- Add I and simmer at low heat until the chicken is tender.
- Add J and K, L, M and stir until the sauce thickens.
Serve over rice.
Source: Hong, Wallace Yee. The Chinese Cook Book.
Crown: New York, 1952.