|Dreams coming true, or am I still sleeping|?

 

You are groggy, you are confused, and you can’t see anything. You don’t worry too much when you realize this is because you are asleep. Once you realize this, you faintly hear a beeping sound it grows to a high-pitched "pulse"-like beep. Must be the alarm you think. So you begin to open your eyes.

Once your eyes are open you notice that there are people surrounding you. Doctors, perhaps? Yes, they are definitely doctors. You are wondering how the fuck you ended up in the hospital. You try to remember what came before this, but there is nothing. Strangely—you remember nothing. You look around and see a familiar face. You can’t put your finger on it, but you are sure that you have seen them somewhere before. They lean in close and whisper to you, I am going to get you outta here.

You are suddenly frightened; the beeping noise speeds up, calling the attention of the other doctors. Now everyone has closed in on you, and the familiar face yells out to you, “NOW!” You pounce off the gurney, realizing you are butt-naked, a hand is offered to you and you take it. You run faster than you imagine you have ever run in your life.

Suddenly you feel fat drips of water coming down from the sky. You are still running. You look around and realize you are in some kind of forest. There are trees everywhere and you can’t see shit. You pat yourself down and feel that you are fully clothed. What the fuck? Your legs feel heavy, you look down, with every step your feet are sinking into mud. You hear a voice close behind you…yelling—“If I catch you I’m gonna beat the living shit out of you.” You turn around, and it’s her, the woman you recognized at the hospital. You are able to see something in her hands, a log? No-no, it’s a shotgun. You keep running faster, but your legs are so tired…you fall hard into the mud, shutting your eyes as tightly as humanly possible.

You feel a warm hand on your shoulder followed by a soft soothing voice, “wake up silly.” You open your eyes and notice that you are in a park, sitting on a red blanket. It’s her. She smiles at you. “You fell asleep silly.” Your head is pounding and you are confused. What the hell is going on here, you wonder. Suddenly air is filled with music, the violin is distinct and piercing. She is wearing a blue dress, belted tightly at the waist. Her long brown ringlets fall off her shoulder as she stands up. You see her ruby red heels. She grabs your hands, “dance with me,” she says to you. So you do. You forget being scared, you forget running, you forget that you are seemingly lost in some kind of existential flux. She closes her eyes and leans in for a kiss; you close your eyes, following her lead.

*THUD* the rigid sound of dense wood against wood startles you. Your chin is firmly pressed against your chest, you open your eyes and you see your hands, they are cuffed together. You look up and to your immediate right there is a judge staring at you with disdain. Across the room, a tall man in a gray suit stands up and points at you, “your honor,” he shouts, “instruct the witness to answer.” You look around the room, you see the jury and it’s unanimously condemnatory stare. But what have you done? Once the man in the gray suit sits down you see her. This time though, it is only her eyes you can recognize, for the rest of her face is mangled. The judge looks at you, soliciting an answer. You lean into the mic, glance up at the man in the black robe, and reply, “I forgot the question.” The courtroom fills with an angry roar. Immediately you feel hot and you see the woman’s eyes redden, swelling with tears. The bailiff grabs you by the shoulder and drags you out of your seat. Throwing you on the floor.

You feel a cold palm pressed against your neck, you are reluctant to open your eyes until you hear a voice, “its time” the voice insists. You open your eyes and see a group of people all seated in rows. None of them are familiar, but they are all smiling at you, you cannot tell what their expression is saying, but you think they look sympathetic. Either way the gaze in their eyes tells you some thing isn’t right. Instantly you are overcome with fear… “What now,” you ask yourself. You feel someone behind you, gently guiding you forward, hands keep reaching out to you. You pay no attention to them, scanning the room for her. You are certain that she will be there—she has to be. You make it to the end of the pathway, and you see a box. No—it is not a box—it is a coffin. You don’t want to look, because you are already certain you know who will be inside…you look anyway, and it is her.

You place one palm against your forehead, while the other hand is firm against what feels like gravel. While your hand it tightly pressed on your head you feel something on it. You look and it, it is covered with ash and tiny rocks. You hear a loud honking sound and a woman’s voice screaming, “STOP!” “Please stop!” You realize that you are sitting in the middle of a street. You look around; you must be in a city, though nothing else is familiar. The voice continues screaming at you, over and over, until you look up and see a truck barreling straight toward you. You cannot move. You are stricken with fear—it "paralyzes" you. You can see someone running toward you, in what feels like slow motion, out of the corner of your eye. You are able to see that it is her. You smile, lay back and close your eyes.

You are groggy, you are confused, and you can’t see anything. You don’t worry too much when you realize this is because you are asleep. Once you realize this, you faintly hear a beeping sound it grows to a high-pitched pulse-like beep. Must be the alarm you think. So you begin to open your eyes.

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.