A Dreamcast game created by Sonic Team, the creators of the very popular Sonic The Hedgehog video games.

Its kind of a Dance Dance Revolution clone in the style of playing a game where you have to perform an action based on the beat of the music track that is playing.

In this game, the use of Mexican maracas are used. Sold as a seperate controller, you shake the maracas to the beat of the song, either in the high position, middle position, or low position, and your score as well as grade goes up if you shake your maracas properly. Visit Sega's website for more information.

Quite truly, one of the best music video games ever created. Originally debuted in arcades and then ported to Sega Dreamcast. Sega and developers Sonic Team seeked out to rival Konami's own Beatmania and various series of music games and highly succeeded, creating an instant classic. The idea of the game is to shake the marracas when blue balls hit colored circles (red, green and yellow). You can shake high, low or in a normal position, and also hold poses. You control a monkey named Amigo. Songs range from Ricky Martin to ChumbaWamba (there's even the Macarena). While the arcade version has the marracas, the Dreamcast version does include them with the game, and cost an additional 80 dollars. It's nearly impossible to play the game without the marracas, making them a very good investment. Third-party companies have released knock-offs for cheaper prices. You can also add songs to the Dreamcast version using the Dreamcast web browser and downloading. The Dreamcast game also includes various modes including a terrific party mode, challanges and mini-games for enjoyment. A sequel entitled Samba De Amigo Ver. 2000 is hitting Japan during December 2000 for Sega Dreamcast and will hit the United States console scene during the summer of 2001. A must-own for any game player.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.