This is a slightly prettier, slightly more expensive version of tuna and cannellini bean salad. It's not difficult to throw together and sits along side a tomato salad, a green salad, and some new potatoes perfectly. Although I've given fairly precise measurements here, everything can be adjusted to your personal taste. Mostly, you'll want to play with the quantity of lemon and onion.
Depending on how many other dishes you serve with it, this can feed between one and four people.
- 1 x 210g (7oz) can of salmon, drained, boned, and flaked
- 50 or so broad beans (mine came out of about 12 pods), cooked
- Half a medium onion, either finely chopped or finely sliced
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1tbsp olive oil, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper
Mix. Taste. Adjust. Mix. Eat.
Yeah, that's it.
Music to cook to: You're the Radio, Thea Gilmore