Salacious Crumb is the disgusting little monster that accompanies Jabba the Hutt in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. His only appearance is in this film, and it is implied that he dies when Jabba's sail barge is destroyed over the Sarlacc pit.

Salacious Crumb is a semi-intelligent creature called a Kowakian monkey-lizard, and looks something like a cross between the two namesake creatures — about two feet tall, nearly hairless, lanky, and with a beak-like mouth. He serves as Jabba's court jester, running around playing cruel pranks on the various alien guests that frequent his palace, always careful to leap back to the safety of the crime lord's dais whenever he annoys one of the more dangerous guests. He could frequently be found cackling at people for one reason or another, and sometimes perched near the Max Rebo Band when they were playing.

When Jabba acquired C-3PO and R2-D2 from Luke Skywalker, C-3PO and his 6 million forms of communication were pressed into service as Jabba's new translator. Salacious Crumb immediately found the long-suffering protocol droid an easy target, and proceeded to make him the butt of many of his jokes.

Things came to a head during Luke Skywalker's escape from Jabba's custody. During the confusion, Crumb began dismantling C-3PO, going so far as pulling out one of his eyes, when R2-D2 rescued his long-time friend by delivering an electric shock to Crumb that sent him leaping up to the ceiling rafters. This was his last on-screen appearance, as Leia destroyed the sail barge soon after by turning its own weapons on itself. Crumb was presumably killed in the resulting crash.

The Salacious Crumb puppet was controlled by puppeteer Tim Rose and voiced by Mark Dodson.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.