Lived: 350-445
Feast Day: July 19th
Pope Blessed Under:Under Research (????)
Son of a rich Roman Senator, Arsenius forsake wealth after the death of his parents, choosing a more ascetic lifestyle instead. After several years of teaching, he felt a call to solitude and prayer. After running from civilization, he took quickly to monastic life, and the Brothers accepted him immediately. He took careful pains not to become bogged in trivial details, but rather focus on the "essence" of God. He is famous for his tears, which he shed for his own sins and the pain of the entire world. He also lived in extreme isolation, saying "I have always something to repent for after having talked, but have never been sorry for having been silent" as his only reply to visitors, including a Pope.

Source(s): stathanasius.miss.on.coptorthodox.ca(excellent well-done source on Agnellus)
Welcome to the Everything Saints Project. You can go back to List of Saints, or see all of them as Saints (all). Sources include google.com, Catholic teachings, and various other sources. Enjoy, and /msg suggestions/additions to v3rgez. All individual nodes are actual hand written, not cut-and-paste jobs, unless otherwise noted.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.