Rubble masonry refers to stacked stones with little or no finishing -- that is, you take the rocks you get, and you build with them. This is probably what comes to your mind when you think about a rustic stone wall bordering a field. Rubble masonry may be drystack or mortared, and ranges from tumbled-down messes to quite fancy polygonal masonry.

Rubble masonry may also be used as the 'filling' in a emplecton wall.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.