HOW TO PROLONG THE LIFE OF YOUR FRESH CUT ROSE
1. Never cut a rose with scissors always use a knife (nonserrated), cut it under warm running water and at a 45 degree angle.
2. A few drops of bleach, a bit of lemon juice and a tablespoon of sugar will help keep your roses firm and bacteria free. *
3. Clean your vase first. Use fresh warm water and make sure that none of the leaves are below the water line.
4. Recut the stem and change the water everyday.
5. Try and keep the roses in a cool place away from drafts and heaters.
* this recipe teefed from ABCs Garden Expert Rebecca Kolls with the aid of the aphexian cabal for node improvement.