Manufacturer: Atari
Year: 1986
Class: Wide Release
Genre: Scrolling Fighter
Type: Video Arcade
Monitor: Conversion Class: JAMMA
Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
Maximum number of Players: 2
Gameplay: Alternating
Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous
Controls:
  • Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)
  • Buttons: 2 - Fire, Jump

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)


Abstract

You are a secret agent. Your codename, Albatross. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, stop Geldra, a big evil criminal organization; rescue Lelia Blitz and overthrow Maboo, Geldra's leader. Think Shinobi without magic.

Gameplay

This is a side-scrolling fighter in the company of Shinobi etc. There are two levels on which to walk, the upper is reached by pressing up on the joystick and jumping. There are doors along the path, some hold powerups, some hold enemies. If you get hit twice by these enemies, you're dead.

Cabinet Information

The cabinet was manufactured by Atari in 1987. The boardset is Namco System 86. Uses JAMMA technology so it can play other JAMMA games.

Legacy

Rolling Thunder
Rolling Thunder 2

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) once hosted a decent bobsled roller coaster known as Rolling Thunder. This bobsled style coaster was relocated from Six Flags Great Adventure (where it was known as Sarajevo Bobsled) to SFGAm in 1989. This coaster was part of the Six Flags coaster exchange program in which certain coasters were selected to change parks allowing older coasters get to new riders in parts of the country the coaster has not been. In 1995, Six Flags again relocated Rolling Thunder to Great Escape where it was again renamed, this time to Alpine Bobsled.

This Intamin creation stood 64 feet high and ran for just under two minutes long. The land Rolling Thunder used to sit on is now part the “Southwest Territory”. The entrance to Rolling Thunder was side by side with the wooden, and still standing, Viper at SFGAm.

Resources include: the roller coaster database and many head-shaking rides on Rolling Thunder before its departure.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.