I was a high school student, wasting time in the BBS scene. Back then, people used — get this — offline mail readers, and one of the features of them was a tagline. I kept on seeing "Why are we here? Because we're here. Roll the Bones." being used as a tagline, but never "got it" until, while on a band trip, the guys I was rooming with put on this CD, and suddenly I heard the phrase. So began my Rush fixation.

Released on September 3, 1991, this is the album where Rush really got their rock sound back. Presto was a start, but was relatively mediocre by comparison. This album is fairly heavy in comparison to Counterparts, though, and some of the tracks decidedly pale in comparison to other albums. Still, though, their pattern of innovation from many sources continues; note the "rap" section in the title track, indented below. Personal favorites include the Dreamline, Bravado, Roll the Bones, and Ghost of a Chance.

    Tracklist:
  1. Dreamline (4:38)
  2. Bravado (4:56)
  3. Roll The Bones (5:30)
  4. Face Up (3:54)
  5. Where's My Thing? (Part IV, "Gangster Of Boats" Trilogy) (instrumental) (3:49)
  6. The Big Wheel (5:15)
  7. Heresy (5:26)
  8. Ghost Of A Chance (5:19)
  9. Neurotica (4:40)
  10. You Bet Your Life (5:00)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.