A correspondent for ABC News since April 1994, Robert Krulwich has reported on a host of various topics, many of which his peers typically avoid until after he has blazed the trail. He's covered topics like AIDS, the Bosnia War, genetics, old and new perspectives on parenthood, the complexities of economics, etc. Every time Krulwich excels at finding just the right way to take difficult and easily confusing concepts and breaks them down into a form that the average layman can understand. He is perhaps one of the greatest journalists in modern times, because his ability to relate the unknown and the abstract to practically any audience makes his reports more valuable to communicating with the public at large.

Krulwich graduated from Columbia Law School in 1974, but after two months in the profession of lawyers, he vacated that direction and became Washington bureau chief for Pacifica Radio, and through that avenue began working for NPR. Even this early on in his career, Krulwich showed an unique way of approaching complex themes for a waiting audience: he explained interests rates by recording an offbeat opera he dubbed "Rato Interesso."

He hosted the PBS art series "The Edge" for some years, and did other things for public television and radio, including submissions to NPR's "Weekend Edition" to which he still sometimes contributes. Krulwich moved to CBS in 1984 where he worked for their morning program. A decade later he made a lateral promotion shuffle to ABC News and began making regular appearances on Nightline. Perhaps his greatest effort to date was in 1999 when with Ted Koppel he produced a mini-series called Nightline in Primetime: Brave New World in which Krulwich looked at modern science, current events and common, every day household items and routines we take for granted, then combined all these elements into a way of looking at humanity as a whole. He attempted to answer the questions of the Human Condition. Who are we? Why are we here? and the results were some of the most moving and informative news documentaries in the history of television.

Krulwich lives in New York City with his wife, Tamar Lewin, a national reporter for The New York Times. They have two children, Jesse and Nora Ann.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.