A decently funny comedian. He's 5'5" and likes to wear 70's clothes.

His mother, Pilar, is Filipino and his father, Marvin, is Jewish and a Real Estate broker. He's the youngest of five. He grew up in San Francisco suburb of Pacifica, where he graduated from Pacifica's Terra Nova High School. Now he owns a 2-bedroom apartment on Nob Hill, which I imagine isn't too far away. Inside he's got '50s rattan furniture, a tiki lamp and a pair of Eskimo snowshoes. Also, he has a treasured vintage painting of Jack Lord of "Hawaii Five-O, whom he saw crossing a lobby while on a family vacation in Oahu when he was 8. With stories like this, I'd love to see an episode of MTV cribs on his house. He co-owns a restaurant, Eleven, nearby. He loves collecting stuff, including Hawaiian shirts.

In 1987, he appeared on David Letterman's late-night show. He sharpened his act at San Francisco comedy clubs opening for headlining comedians like Jay Leno, Jerry Seinfeld and Dana Carvey. The "Saturday Night Live" producer Lorne Michaels spotted Rob on HBO's "13th Annual Young Comedians Special" in 1990 and signed him up as a writer on SNL. He has nearly 50 celebrity impersonations and odd voices. Being added to the 1990 cast of Saturday Night Live was his big break. During that time, he dated Julia Sweeny, who was also on the show. During that time, he always had the character of Richard, the copy guy. "Making Copies" or "Making Coffee." People remember him from being in Home Alone 2, Surf Ninjas, and a completely out-of-character role in Down Periscope.

He has a role in every Adam Sandler movie, I believe they're best friends, probably from SNL. In The Waterboy, he was the Mexican who shouted "You can Do it!" repeatedly (which everyone imitates). In 1999, he wrote and starred in his own movie, Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo. That same year, he also had a part in Big Daddy, where he played Nazo, the Delivery Guy. In 2001, he wrote, co-produced, and starred in The Animal.

People generally like his cameos, and it's a tossup over whether yoy love or hate his starring movies. People seem to have the same reaction to Pauly Shore films. His films may be up for question, but his interviews on shows like Late Night with Conan O'Brien and The Daily Show are great. He's very creative, doing a spoof of The Blue Man group once, another time bringing in a weasel/ferret, and allowing it to suck on his nipples during the interview. He appeared on a special celebrity episode of The Weakest Link, where he got voted off, but ran over to hug Anne Robinson.

His Filmography (courtesy IMDb)
The Hot Chick
8 Crazy Nights (2002) (voice)
Intimate Portrait: Lela Rochon (2001) (TV) .... Himself
The Mummy Parody During the MTV Movie Awards, as The Mummy
The Animal .... Marvin Mange
Little Nicky .... Townie
Muppets From Space .... TV Producer
Big Daddy .... Nazo (the Delivery Guy)
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo .... Deuce Bigalow
Saturday Night Live: Bad Boys (1998) (TV) .... Richard the Copy Guy/Various
Saturday Night Live: Game Show Parodies (1998) (V) .... Various Contestants
The Waterboy .... Townie
Dying to Get Rich ....Steve
Knock Off (1998) .... Tommy Hendricks
A Fork in the Tale
"Men Behaving Badly" (1996) TV Series .... Jamie Coleman
Adventures of Pinocchio, The (1996) .... Volpe (segment "Dog"), Lorenzini's Ruffian
Down Periscope (1996) .... Executive Officer Martin T. 'Marty' Pascal
Judge Dredd (1995) .... Herman Ferguson (Fergie)
The Beverly Hillbillies .... Woodrow Tyler
Demolition Man (uncredited) .... Erwin
Surf Ninjas (1993) .... Iggy
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) .... Cedrick: Hotel Luggage & Bell Man
Necessary Roughness .... Chuck Neiderman
Martians Go Home .... Voyeur Martian
"Saturday Night Live" US TV Series .... Himself (1990-1994)

His salary for his last movie, The Animal, was $1,000,000 US.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.