A psychobilly/rockabilly band from Texas. Possibly one of the greatest bands ever. The band is comprised of: Jim Heath "The Rev" - guitar, vox; Jimbo Wallace - bass (stand-up that is); and Scott Churilla - drums. They have had albums produced by the likes of Ministry's Al Jourgensen and Butthole Surfer's Gibby Haynes and Paul Leary. They rock harder than many punk or metal bands. Their lyrics are extremely unique, fun, risque, cheeky, awesome.

Young girls and gin may be the cure

Albums:
Lucky 7 -- Artemis Records (2002)
Spend a Night in the Box -- Time Bomb Records (2000)
Holly Roller -- Sub Pop Records (1999) (compilation)
Space Heater -- Interscope Records (1998)
It's Martini Time -- Interscope Records (1996)
Liquor in the Front -- Interscope Records (1994)
The Full Custom Gospel Sounds -- Sub Pop Records (1993)
Smoke 'em If You Got 'em -- Sub Pop Records (1992)
EPs/Singles:
Lie Detector -- MCA International (1998)
www.reverendhortonheat.com

Seeing the Reverend Horton Heat is an experience that should not be missed by any fan. The music is like a smooth cigarette and a gin which are fine to be enjoyed at home, but taste so much better in a dark crowded bar. Seeing the Rev in his gawdy suit belting out words while working his guitar. Jimbo strumming away on the Big Mouth Bass. Churilla banging away on the drums.

    "lf you can't get it up for a Reverend Horton Heat show then you're a freakin corpse".
      - Al Jourgensen (Ministry)

    "I go into music stores and see people saying and doing the squirreliest, stupidest stuff. It doesn't matter what guitar you play, it's how you play it. It's what comes out of your heart. Being able to haul ass all over the fretboard doesn't mean anything if the music's no good."

      -- The Rev.

    "If you listen to the band's catalog, you might say there are a few recurring themes found in our songs: beer, gin and tonic, whiskey, cocaine, tequila, martinis, marijuana, cigarettes, cars, more beer, pretty women, sermons, cats and dogs, the devil, Texas, and Jimbo. Not to mention steak and dildos. All the good things in life."

      - Jim Heath, a.k.a. the Reverend Horton Heat

info gethered from their website, allmusic.com, my mind, and maybe some other places I can't remember right now.

As a long time fan of the Rev(I have seen RHH in concert 12 times), I think it is worth mentioning that Scott Churilla is a relatively recent addition to the band. He joined in 1996, after original drummer Patrick 'Taz' Bentley departed the band for reasons unknown.

The last RHH album to feature Taz was Liquor In The Front. Since then he has kept a relatively low profile, but he has played and recorded with both Tenderloin and The Hillbilly Hellcats.

Scotty is an incredible, ass-kickingly good drummer, but sometimes I think back to the first RHH shows I saw, and I miss the old
Tazmanian Devil.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.