Got folks coming, but don't have a lot of time to fuss over the kugel
? No problem! Just throw this together and forget about it!
1 package wide egg noodles
1 stick butter
1 large (16 oz.
) container sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
s (1 cup, or about 6 "snack size" boxes)
(if you have time, I suppose)
- Set the water for the noodles boiling. Once boiling, throw them in.
- While the noodles get going, melt the butter (mircowave works well).
- While the butter gets melting, mix everything else (except the garnish) together.
- When the noodles are about done, pour the butter into a 9"x13" pan.
- Drain the noodles, throw them in the pan, and toss with the butter.
- Pour the rest over the noodles. Throw on the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.
I've prepared this in a little under 10 minutes, not counting the time for the water to boil. Knowing when the noodles are just about done and not acutally measuring the milk helps a whole lot. The snack size boxes of raisins are a real time saver - just open them, dump them into your hands, and spread them around. For that matter, getting a canister of raisins and just grabbing two handfuls would work just as well.