Would you be prepared if gravity reversed itself? The only thing I can't figure out is how to keep the change in my pockets. I've got it! Nudity! -- Chris Knight
This gem of a movie was released in 1985. It is a geeky movie directed by Martha Coolidge. It was written by Neal Israel, Pat Proft, and Peter Torokvei. The cast includes Val Kilmer as Chris Knight, Gabriel Jarret as Mitch Taylor, Robert Prescott as Kent Torokvei, Jon Gries as Lazlo Hollyfeld, William Atherton as Professor Jerry Hathaway, Michelle Meyrink as Jordan Cochran, and others.
    Tagline: When he gets mad, he doesn't get even... he gets creative
Mitch Taylor is one of the smartest men in the world, he is still a teenager, and has just graduated high school. He has decided to attend college where he can work with Professor Jerry Hathaway at one of the most advanced laser research labs in academia. When he gets to school he finds out he is rooming with Chris Knight. A very intelligent, but very bored and rebellious young man who also works in the laser research lab. Mitch and Chris have a very strange man living in their closet. He is Lazlo Hollyfeld, one of the most promising young minds in the world until he "lost it". Mitch and Chris also have to put up with Kent Torokvei, a fellow laser research and complete suck up. Also attending the school is Jordan Cochran, a fellow genius and a hyper-kinetic. She never sleeps and fits right in with this mostly male group.
    Don't eat that. Eating that can cause very large breasts. Oh my God, I'm too late! -- Chris Knight
Chris is about to graduate, but before he can he needs to finish his research and pass one of Professor Hathaway's classes. As we find out Professor Hathaway is under some strain from people that want him to develop a laser for them. Which happens to be what Chris is working on. When the project is looking in bad shape Hathaway takes it out on Chris and tells him he will never graduate and never work in the same field again. This is when the movie's plot starts to take shape, and I don't want to give out too much. :) This movie is awesome! I was planning on noding about it anyway and just caught part of on HBO. Love it! Val Kilmer's character has so many great lines. It is a must see for any geek. It is one of the best of the 80s comedies. So many great quotes, so many great scenes.
    Chris Knight: So, if there's anything I can do for you, or, more to the point, to you, you just let me know.
    Susan: Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
    Chris Knight: Not right now.
    Susan: A girl's gotta have her standards.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.