Raspberry-Peach-Mango Smoothie

I am officially hooked on smoothies. I make one to drink almost every day, and after much experimentation with fruit combinations, I have claimed the raspberry-peach-mango combination as my new favourite flavour. The raspberries bring tanginess to the drink, the mango has a mellow sweetness, and the peach ties the two flavours together. This recipe yields one serving, but it's very easy to double if that is your wish.

You will need

Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Drink and enjoy!

*I list three types of milk as options because I notice a difference between them. With this smoothie the amount of water and type of milk affect the intensity of the fruit flavours. Too much water creates a higher intensity of flavour, so the milk is there to tone it down. Almond milk is my top pick because it allows the fruit flavours to shine through. Soy milk and dairy milk tend to obscure the fruit flavours while adding creaminess to the overall texture, which is what some people prefer. If you're not very picky and you just want to drink your damn smoothie already, you can ignore all of this and just add whatever you happen to have on hand.
**If you want to add some extra nutrition, the flaxseed is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Adding it won't change the flavour but it may add a bit of extra graininess to the texture, so use at your own discretion.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.