Album Information
Album: Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
Artist: Dimmu Borgir
Original Release: March 20, 2001
Record Label: Nuclear Blast Records
Tracks: Eleven or Twelve, depending on the version.
Running Time: Fifty-seven minutes, fifty-two seconds or sixty-two minutes, fifty-seven seconds
Amazon.com Average Customer Rating: 4 out of 5
Explicit lyrics

The cover art of the album features a nude lady wrapped in barbed wire. If that's not enough, the body on the cover art originally had arms and legs, but no head. Nuclear Blast stepped in and forced them to throw it down a few notches. Inside the booklet, pages full of religious material can be found. Of course, this nicely counterbalances the quite antireligious pages of the band's members themselves. For example, page two (The lyrics to Blessings upon the Throne of Tyranny) contains the head of a Christ-esque statue. On the other hand, the third page, with a beheaded Shagrath holding his head in one hand and a bloody knife in the other, can be seen as quite a departure from the previous page.

Overall, the album deserves positive comments. It's not an Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, but it's still high-quality Dimmu. The lyrics and music both represent aggression towards humanity, or, in other words, misanthropy. A recommended buy for those who enjoy black metal, those wanting to enter the black metal scene, or for those who are merely looking to listen to something new.

Some versions include the Twisted Sister cover Burn in Hell.


Track Information
  1. Fear and Wonder (2:48)
  2. Blessings upon the Throne of Tyranny (5:19)
  3. Kings of the Carnival Creation (7:48)
  4. Hybrid Stigmata - The Apostasy (6:57)
  5. Architecture of a Genocidal Nature (6:09)
  6. Puritania (3:06)
  7. IndoctriNation (5:57)
  8. The Maelstrom Mephisto (4:42)
  9. Absolute Sole Right (6:26)
  10. Sympozium (5:13)
  11. Perfection or Vanity (3:27)
  12. Burn in Hell (5:05)

<---   Dimmu Borgir   --->


Sources:
http://www.dimmu-borgir.com/
http://www.amazon.com/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.