1- 6 oz. ready-to-fill chocolate crumb crust
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 bricks (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. each ground ginger and nutmeg
- Refrigerate crust until ready to fill.
- Drain pumpkin in a strainer lined with 3 layers of paper towels 1 hour, stirring often.
- Beat cream, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer on meduim speed, until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- In another bowl (no need to wash beaters) beat 8 oz cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in 1/4 cup of the cream mixture, then fold in the rest until well mixed. Spread in chilled crust and refrigerate.
- In same bowl, beat remaining cream cheese, sugar, and the spices until smooth. Beat in pumpkin until well blended. Spoon over white layer, then spread evenly.
This will serve 12 and can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. It's heavenly!
I didn't include the nutritional information because you really don't want to know...I promise.