Prophecy is a touchy subject.

Why? Because people don't like it when you break the laws of physics. (Specifically, that events should occur in chronological order.)

It's interesting, though, the interplay of layers here.

We have the system of physics. On top of that, we have the system of proteins, DNA, and rhibosomes. On top of that, life. And somewhere, on top of that, brains. And somewhere, on top of that, thought and intelligence.

And somehow, between the bottom layer and the top layer, it becomes possible to "prophesy".

Of course, it may be possible to transfer data through time by diddling particles, in which case it makes more sense. But I tend to think that it takes something supernatural to break the laws of physics.

Being a Christian, I go with the idea that God has people prophesy to disclose His will ahead of time. Even so, I feel the upcoming comments have relevance, no matter one's take on the source of prophecy.

One of the biggest themes in the Bible is that "Actions speak louder than words."

This applies to Prophets as much as it applies to Christians, Librarians, and Nazis.

If they say they are, but their actions don't support it, then they aren't.

This is a useful Axiom.

So, to go over the examples:

Prophecy is the final Magic: The Gathering expansion set for the Mercadian Masques block. It was released on June 5, 2000, with a total of 143 new cards.

Prophecy continues the game mechanics found in Mercadian Masques and Nemesis, along with introducting a new one, known as Rhystic Magic. A "rhystic" spell has multiple effects. After the first effect occurs, another effect will happen unless the opponent pays mana to prevent the effect. This is not really a totally new mechanic, just that there are quite a few cards that have this mechanic on the set, enough for them to highlight it.

Another set of key cards in the set are the "Avatars". Each color has an avatar, a 6/6 creature with a casting cost of 6 colorless mana and 2 colored mana. Each avatar has a condition that, upon being met, will reduce the casting cost to only the two colored mana.

Artifacts

Black

Blue

Greed

Red

White

Land

Proph"e*cy (?), n.; pl. Prophecies (#), [OE. prophecie, OF. profecie, F. proph'etie, L. prophetia, fr. Gr. , fr. to be an interpreter of the gods, to prophesy, fr. prophet. See Prophet.]

1.

A declaration of something to come; a foretelling; a prediction; esp., an inspired foretelling.

He hearkens after prophecies and dreams. Shak.

Prophecy came not in old time by the will of man. 2. Pet. i. 21.

2. Script.

A book of prophecies; a history; as, the prophecy of Ahijah.

2 Chron. ix. 29.

3.

Public interpretation of Scripture; preaching; exhortation or instruction.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.