MEMBERS:
  • Alex Gifford
  • Will White

    BIO:
    It was early 1996 that Propellerheads first entered the marked. And when they did, they got a top ten hit ("History Repeating"). Their first album emerged in 1998, Deckandrumsandrockandroll. It became a great success; about half a million copies were sold worldwide. Soon after the release of their album they were about to go on tour, but unfourtunately one of the members got ill and the tour was canceled.

    While Will was forced to stay home and nurse his illness, Alex went to New York where he was embraced by the New York hip hop community. So while Alex hung around in New York, where be helped produce a Jungle Brothers album, Will stayed home. But after a few months of resting and nursing Will was again back on his feet, while not at full health, but he still managed to do some mixing and fixing.

    Alex returned to London to accept the 1998 Mercury Music Prize nomination for Decksandrumsandrockandroll on behald of them both, since Will still wasn't fully recovered.

    Propellerheads say they're not yet done, and as soon as Will is at full health and ready to swing they'll be back in.

    SINGLES:
  • History Repeating Feat. Miss Shirley Bassey
  • Dive E.P.
  • Take California
  • Spybreak!
  • Spybreak + 'Live' Tracks
  • Bang On!
  • Bang On!

    ALBUMS:
  • Decksandrumsandrockandroll (1998)

    FUNNY FACTS:
  • Propellerheads is also a software company that makes awesome electronic music tools. They make Rebirth, Reason, and ReCycle.
    Rebirth is an emulation (Yes, emulation, not simulation) of the three synthesizers that basically started rap, techno and other electronica; they are the Roland TR-808, 909 and 303. The 808 is mentioned in the Beastie Boys' "Body Movin'": Nothin' sounds quite like an 8-0-8. It is a lot of fun to use, I only have the demo version, and I feel like a genius when I play with it.
    Reason is an emulation of samplers, synthesizers, sequencers, and other effects that are used to make techno or hip-hop loops. I've never used it, but it is designed to be very flexible. Need another sampler? Just put another one in. It's very cool.
    ReCycle is a loop re-use tool, for taking loops and playing with them or editing them for use in other tools like Reason or ProTools or GrooveMaker or stuff like that.

    Their stuff is really well done. I want to use it more than I have.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.