"Let’s face it, using an ordinary condom is a real pain in the butt. First, you have to tear the pack open, often using your teeth. Then you have to take the condom out of the pack – this is a slippery business at the best of times. Next, you have to figure out which is the right side up, before you can unroll it. By the time the condom’s on, the mood is halfway out the window...

"Fortunately, those days are over. Introducing PRONTO, the condom for the new millennium. The PRONTO condom can be applied in a few seconds. And it’s a lot more convenient to use, compared to an ordinary condom. You simply crack the pack open and unroll the condom directly onto the penis." - (http://www.prontocondoms.co.za/)

Introduced late in 2006, the Pronto Condom was developed by a South African research firm, appropriately named Pronto Condoms. It is designed to minimize the disruption to a session of love making caused by condom application. According to a BBC interview with creator Willem van Rensburg, "If you're slow, it'll take you three seconds. You can really do it in one."

Currently available in "regular", the company plans to release "thin" and "ribbed" variants in 2007. And according to the website, all Pronto condoms are available for the same price as any other premium condom. They are available at a number of pharmacies throughout South Africa, as well as through the company website.

The website also has a video of application. The condom wrapper (with a clearly marked top and bottom) is literally snapped in two, and then the two halves are pulled apart slightly and down over the penis. The condom unrolls automatically, and the wrapper halves are discarded. There are also two television advertisements making fun of two top South African politicians who have demonstrated incredible ignorance to the cause of the spread of HIV.


krenseby says re:Pront Condoms, "Let's face it, using an ordinary condom is a real pain in the butt" is a line that had me laughing.. Do you realize that it could be interpreted literally. I am not asking you to change it, i am just telling you that your writeup comes off as unintentionally funny

squeezie says re Pronto Condoms: I'm amused to admit that krenseby's thought about the pain in the butt comment occured to me too!

C-Dawg says re Pronto Condoms: You might want to mention, in your description of the example, that the package has a clearly marked top and bottom, so there's no problem with trying it backwards.


Sources:

  • Pronto Condoms Website: http://www.prontocondoms.co.za/
  • BBC News: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6120914.stm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.