1. Rump; posterior. 2. The rear trousers pocket area. 3. To have sexual intercourse with, normally or-usually-abnormally. 4. To take advantage of, as an abject flunky; to abuse or cheat.

- american underworld dictionary - 1950
Pratt is the number three ranked art school in The United States (behind the Rhode Island School of Design- RISD and the San Francisco College of Art and Design- SFCAD). Located in Brooklyn, Pratt is the only art school of many in New York City to have a campus. Pratt was founded in 1898 by an oil millionaire who had no artistic talent, but had a great love of art. He had an extensive collection of artwork, including several of Thomas Moran's Grand Canyon paintings. At the time, there were very few schools of art in the US, and Pratt decided that there needed to be one in New York.

I go to Pratt. I'm a freshman in the art education program, which is the highest ranked of its kind in the country. So far I'm loving it here. The professors are frankly kicking my ass, but I'm loving every minute of it. I'm living in New York, doing what I love, and my parents are paying for me to do it. I also found out that I'm the only guy in the whole education program, which may or may not be a good thing, considering the whole staff of the education program is composed of hardcore feminists.

Either way, it's a fantastic school. I'm staying.

Be True to Your Work
And Your Work Will Be True to You

-Pratt Institute motto

Pratt Institute opened its doors on October 17, 1887 to its first class of twelve students. The next year, its programs in Liberal Arts and Sciences were established. Two years later, the Library School opened and has since been distinguished as being the oldest school of Library Science in the United States. In 1910, the School of Science and Technology was created. In 1936, the Industrial Design Department was created. Two years later, Foundation Year was established and the first baccalaureate degrees were awarded. In 1946, the Interior Design Department was established. In 1954, the School of Architecture was separated from the School of Art.

Pratt offers undergraduate bachelor degrees in the following programs:

Pratt's graduate programs are:

The Pratt campus is located on 25 acres in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, at the Clinton-Washingon stop on the G train. Pratt Manhattan is located in the Puck Building at 295 Lafayette at Houston Street, at the Broadway-Lafayette stop on the BDFQ trains.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.