This is a song by Ween, from their album The Pod.

Peppy and cute song with a tweaked helium-esque voice from our lead man Gener. It has singable verses and a catchy chorus! Almost unheard of on this album and at this stage of their careers. Definitely one of the more well-known Ween songs despite its being written before their heyday, it deserves the hype.

In the Saturday Night Live movie It's Pat (which was a flop), Ween had cameo roles to interact with Pat and serve as the band he/she becomes involved with as a publicity stunt. This song (along with "Don't Get Too Close (To My Fantasy)") were featured in the film.

The chorus, "So mom, if you please, pass me the pork roll egg and cheese, if you please, on a kaiser bun," was delivered in a slightly changed format in the previous song on this album, "She Fucks Me." The famous pork roll is also mentioned in "Awesome Sound."

Again, the song includes inside jokes and references, such as yet another mention of Eddie Dingle (the guest vocal on "Nan") and more homage to the guava. The end of the song slowly fizzles out and ends with a whispered thank you from the band. Strangely, it is not the last song on the album.

This song is © 1991 by Ween, Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp/Ver Music/Browndog Music/BMI.

The Pod
Next song on this album: The Stallion (pt. 2)
CST Approved

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.