"The What's New Magazine"

A hardcopy magazine published monthly by Times Mirror Magazines Inc. that has been around for over 125 years. Their content focuses on announcing new products and technology in the fields of Computers & Software, Home Technology, Science, Electronics, Aviation & Space, Automobiles, and Medicine and Health. It's articles tend to stay fairly high-level, announcing new technologies rather than really explaining it's ins and outs, somewhat less detailed than most other scientific magazines such as Scientific American.

Popular science is an interesting and fun magazine, and you can always find something worth reading if you browse through it, but the average issue is more about technology than science. In the April 2001 issue of Popular Science, for example, I see one article about whales, one article about NASA's return to Mars, one about a neutrino detector, and one about a new medical theory. The rest of the magazine is about automobiles and new gadgets - not super high tech gadgets, but ones which giant corporations are getting ready to produce. Auto's and computers and cell phones, oh my!

I can't help thinking they get advertisers to write a LOT of their copy, especially with their What's New section.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.