For those times where you just can't get to one of those seemingly ubiquituous coffee joints, break out with a Poor Man's mocha.

Instructions:

  1. Break out with a pack of Swiss Miss hot chocolate, sweetened or unsweetened, in your cup.
  2. Add sugar to taste.
  3. Add enough coffee to make thick syrup of cocoa mix, sugar, coffee, and water.
  4. Add water to desired volume.

Poor Man's Mocha... A simple way to make mocha in your office break room.

ghetto mocha

A drink I invented. You make one like this:

  1. Get some coffee.
  2. Stir in a packet of hot cocoa mix.
  3. Add some half and half, if you like.

That's it. This is not entirely unlike the previously-noded Poor Man's Mocha, but in this version you use pure coffee and don't water it down. It's nice if, like me, you have a sweet tooth and prefer the Starbucks-type mocha concoctions to straight joe, but you find yourself in a situation where no such embellishments are available (I invented this while staying in a hotel and living off the free Continental Breakfast).

This is not dissimilar to my prefered pre-clubbing drink; the mocha of death. The theory of this is to get as much caffeine and sugar into my system as fast as possible, in a palatable form. This fuels me for the night, and moreover caffeine tends to reinforce the phenylethylamines, which do after all include such favourites as amphetamine, pseudoephedrine and 3,4-methylenedioxy-n-methylamphetamine.
  1. Spoon a heaped tablespoon or 2 of instant coffee into a mug, with a tablespoon of sugar, and add half a pint of boiling water
  2. Make half a pint of cold hot chocolate, as detailed in my wu, in a pint glass
  3. Add the coffee to the pint glass, carefully.

The instant coffee will contain around 500mg of caffeine. The cocoa will contain another 50-100. There is also around 50g of sugar to contend with. This should keep you raving all night long, and is both cheaper, more delicious, and stronger than red bull and its analouges.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.