This is a great chicken dish that is served in Southern Ontario in the "Rude Native Bistro" chain of restaurants. While I do not have the exact recipe, I have observed this dish made a few times, and made it myself, and it is nothing short of culinary heaven. Leave yourself about an hour and a half to make this dish, as it does take time the first time you attempt it. Also, keep the phyllo pastry moist, as it dries out super fast! A warning: Like I said, I've only observed this recipe being made, not had Martha Stewart teach it to me, so this isn't an exact science or anything, but trust me - it's worth the effort!

Necessary ingredients:

Sprinkle boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a little thyme and bake in a few ounces of chicken stock (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) until cooked through. Set aside to cool.

Soak some dried apricots in water until soft. Drain water and puree apricots.

Saute one diced onion in a pan until tender. Add a sprinkle of thyme, 2oz of orange juice and 1oz of white wine. Cook for a few more minutes.

Add 1 litre of 35% cream and approximately 2oz of Frangelico (add Frangelico to taste). Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sauce thickens.

Mix pureed apricots with some of the sauce separately (2 parts apricots to one part sauce) to make creamy. Just sort of mix it all up and mush it in and such. You're going to stuff this into the chicken breast later, so let it cool too.

Slice chicken breast in half widthwise leaving it attached at one end (so it opens like a clam). Stuff 2 tablespoons of the apricot mixture into each breast. Wrap each stuffed breast in one sheet of phyllo pastry. Brush pastry with butter and bake until golden. Remove from oven, cut diagonally and top with remaining cream sauce.

Note - Frangelico is the key ingredient, so add more if the sauce needs more flavour.

Voila - Pollo Sairelli! Serve with new potatoes and some green beans or something.

Good luck and enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.