Please Don't Destroy is a three-man sketch comedy group from New York. The three members, all in their mid-20s, are Ben Marshall, John Higgins, and Martin Herlihy. Incidentally, Marshall and Herlihy look like Ron Weaseley and Harry Potter. The three met at New York University, where they did sketch comedy. During 2020, their videos on YouTube gained popularity. There sketch comedy is a mixture of relatable content and absurdism, and was very well-produced while seeming charmingly raw.

In 2021, they had gained enough internet fame that they were hired as writers on Saturday Night Live, where along with (presumably) writing for other sketches, they also write and act in their own sketches, which usually take place in their writer's room, when something between normal turns into something absurd. The major difference with their SNL work is that they have a larger budget and access to more special effects.

Their rapid ascent is also a heartwarming story, or it would be if two of them didn't already have parents who had been staff writers on Saturday Night Live when they were growing up. Not to fault them, but it does explain why they seem to be such naturals.


https://www.pleasedontdestroy.com/
https://www.vulture.com/article/please-dont-destroy-sketch-comedy-profile.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.