Pittodrie Stadium is the home
of Aberdeen Football Club
. It is situated on Pittodrie Street in Aberdeen
. Standing only 500 yards away from the sea, with only the King's Links golf course
separating the stadium from the beach, Pittordrie is notorious as one of the coldest football grounds in Britain.
Originally known as Pittodrie Park, the name was changed in the 1960s as the old stadium was redeveloped. After a fire in the main stand in the 1970s, the club took the chance to make Pittodrie the first all-seated football ground in Britain.
The stadium has a current capacity of 22,199, but has a record attendance of 45,061 (against Heart of Midlothian in 1954.) The Scottish national team has played at the ground many times. The word pittodrie means in Gaelic "pile of dung."