Pillar is four member band that plays christian metal. It was formed in January 1998 in Hays, Kansas. and is now based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Their album titled Above< was released September 26, 2000. Readers of HM Magazine voted Pillar the #1 Best New Band of 2000 and Pillar was also the recipient of a 2001 Dove award for Best Hard Rock Album of the Year (Above) and was nominated for Best Hard Rock Song of the Year (Open Your Eyes).

The June '99 release of "Metamorphosis" put Pillar on the airwaves and took their message into places that could not be reached through live performances alone. Their sophomore album, "Original Superman", brought the band's sound to a whole new level. In signing with Flicker Records, Pillar released the cd "Above" in September of 2000.

The musical style of this band as a whole evolved from each individual band member's own musical influences, such as P.O.D., Pax 217, Limp Bizkit, 311, and Rage Against the Machine. The combination of those influences is a mixture of rock, rap, and funk complete with catchy riffs and melodic interludes.

Members of Pillar are:

  • Rob Beckley (vocals)
  • Brad Noone (drums)
  • Noah Israel (guitar)
  • Kalel (bass)
  • Web site of Pillar can be found from http://www.pillarmusic.com
    Some of their music can be found also from http://mp3.com/Pillar

    Pil"lar (?), n. [OE. pilerF. pilier, LL. pilare, pilarium, pilarius, fr. L. pila a pillar. See Pile a heap.]

    1.

    The general and popular term for a firm, upright, insulated support for a superstructure; a pier, column, or post; also, a column or shaft not supporting a superstructure, as one erected for a monument or an ornament.

    Jacob set a pillar upon her grave. Gen. xxxv. 20.

    The place . . . vast and proud, Supported by a hundred pillars stood. Dryden.

    2.

    Figuratively, that which resembles such a pillar in appearance, character, or office; a supporter or mainstay; as, the Pillars of Hercules; a pillar of the state.

    "You are a well-deserving pillar."

    Shak.

    By day a cloud, by night a pillar of fire. Milton.

    3. R. C. Ch.

    A portable ornamental column, formerly carried before a cardinal, as emblematic of his support to the church.

    [Obs.]

    Skelton.

    4. Man.

    The center of the volta, ring, or manege ground, around which a horse turns.

    From pillar to post, hither and thither; to and fro; from one place or predicament to another; backward and forward. [Colloq.] -- Pillar saint. See Stylite. -- Pillars of the fauces. See Fauces, 1.

     

    © Webster 1913.


    Pil"lar, a. Mach.

    Having a support in the form of a pillar, instead of legs; as, a pillar drill.

     

    © Webster 1913.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.