Picture Perfect is a romantic comedy movie from 1997 directed by Glenn Gordon Caron.

Jennifer Aniston plays Kate Mosley: She is a single, very ambitious girl working at Mercer, an advertising company, but her boss tells here that she stands no chance on promotion because she is in no way tied to the company. Her friend/colleague makes up a story about Kate being engaged to Nick, a guy whom she just met at a friends' wedding. Kate doens't try to deny it, and it seems to work out. But then things get complicated ... Nick really loves her!

This movie reminds me of Bridget Jones's Diary where the main character Bridget Jones also thinks she loves a colleague (in this case her boss Daniel Cleaver), and then suddenly realises that the person she really loves, is Mark Darcy whom she had tried to ignore.

Picture Perfect is the first and only CD by South African band Perez

Perez are:

Additional Musicians - Angus Kerr and Kara Olsen, Nic's sister, both play violin on Yellow Lie.

Nic and Matt do most of the 'upfront' singing, with Mike singing harmonies.

Tracks:
  1. Blow Me
  2. Come Down
  3. Picture Perfect
  4. Don't wait for Darkness
  5. Yellow Lie
  6. Wasted Out
  7. Detour
  8. Marina
  9. Smells like Music
  10. Dreams and Troubles
  11. Breathe me Down(bonus track)

"Take me over to a/Warm and Heavy Place" The lyrics from Marina describe this album Perfectly. Listening to this album always takes me away and changes how I'm feeling.

Matt and especially Nic have a unique way of singing - it's hard to describe, but they kind of exaggerate their pronunciation of words...okay, it sounds lame in writing, but it's really, really cool. Detour and Marina are good examples of this.

Picture Perfect is a mixture of Finger Eleven, Weezer, The White Stripes, and Incubus. Very intense lyrics, catchy, in-your-face guitar parts, awesome harmonies. They reallyput a lot of energy into their performances, the CD just has that vibe, it's like they're right here with you.

Superb vocal performances by everyone and Adam's awesome basslines make this one of my all-time favorite CD's. I can't even say which is my favorite track on here, they're all so good in different ways, from the multi-layered Dreams and Troubles to the haunting Yellow Lie. These guys are what South African Rock is all about.

In what seems to be a growing trend with bands in South Africa, Perez re-released this album with a Bonus CD, containing the following unplugged tracks:
  1. I Will Follow You
  2. Picture Perfect
  3. Yellow Lie
  4. Dreams and Troubles
  5. Don't wait for Darkness

The cover and liner notes are really cool. The front has a drawing of a guy(maybe girl) holding a camera, and reflected in the lense is a mushroom cloud. But that's not the cool part. Once you open the liner notes, there are black and white pictures of Nic, Matt, Mike and Adam, each of them cut roughly in half by the fold. The cool part is that when you open it up, you see half of them drawn in, with exaggeratedly spiky hair, and big red tribal tattoos.

I've read reviews of Picture Perfect in magazines that say the production's not good, but I honestly can't hear anything less-than-awesome about it.

Picture Perfect was Produced, mixed, and mastered by David Birch, Tropical Sweat Studio, Durban, SA, and released on Sovereign Entertainment.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.