Mother of Dudley Dursley, Petunia Dursley is married to Harry Potter's Uncle Vernon in J. K. Rowling's series of Harry Potter books. Petunia's maiden name is Evans, and she was Harry's mother Lily Potter's sister.

Embarrassed to have been related to such an "abnormal" person as Lily, Petunia tried to forget all ties to her wizarding sister and became part of the "sensible" Dursley family. When Harry arrived at their doorstep as an infant orphan, she was devastated by the reminder that there was magic and other such "nonsense" in her family. She makes up for this "insult" Harry has thrown at her by neglecting him; her son Dudley is obviously the favorite. When Petunia could no longer call his multiple chins and oversized stomach "baby fat", she was forced to put him on a diet, but she still finds many many ways to pamper him.

Petunia Dursley appears in all four Harry Potter novels: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Look for the fifth book Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to come out sometime in 2002.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.