The Korean born creator of the animated series, Aeon Flux.

Peter Chung moved to the US in 1974 and attended high school in Virgina. He had already had his fair share of travelling as his father was a diplomat for the Korean government.

He is said to have become interested in animation as it 'encompassed many of his interests-film, writing,drawing and design, into one'.


His first animated series, Aeon Flux was aired on MTV's Liquid Television in mid 1995.

Chung has also worked on various commercials including an Aeon Flux Pespi parody featuring Cindy Crawford as the Aeon character and Malcolm McDowell as Trevor Goodchild. It aired during the SuperBowl. He has also recently completed another series entitled "Alexander".

There is another node-worthy Peter Chung, the young analyst at The Carlyle Group who sent an obnoxious e-mail to his friends stateside in May 2001, bragging primarily about the number of women he had slept with since moving to Korea ten days previously.

The e-mail was passed from person to person, typically annotated with insults. Within days, his bosses back in Washington, D.C. had received copies. Carlyle is a conservative shop, and Chung was fired.

Management at Carlyle had probably thought that this would end the embarassing exposure (their name and contact information was prominent on the bottom of the millions of copies of Chung's offensive message then criss-crossing the globe.) However, it had the opposite effect, giving a 'hook' to news organizations that otherwise would not have covered the story. Soon, his message (with the worst bits cut out) was being discussed in newspapers and magazines around the world.

(Note that The Examiner claims that Chung sent the message to his bosses by accident himself, but nobody else makes this claim and, for a variety of reasons, I find it improbable.)

Chung's message appears in its entirety below. Note that "domes" is his slang for condoms.:

Message-ID: <812F5C217425D311A83100508B07093003830E@CARLYLE01>
From: Peter Chung
Subject: LIVING LIKE A KING
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:26:21 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)
Content-Type: text/plain

So I've been in Korea for about a week and a half now and what can I say, LIFE IS GOOD....

I've got a spanking brand new 2000 sq. foot 3 bedroom apt. with a 200 sq. foot terrace running the entire length of my apartment with a view overlooking Korea's main river and nightline......Why do I need 3 bedrooms?

Good question,.... the main bedroom is for my queen size bed,...where CHUNG is going to fuck every hot chick in Korea over the next 2 years (5 down, 1,000,000,000 left to go).... the second bedroom is for my harem of chickies, and the third bedroom is for all of you fuckers when you come out to visit my ass in Korea. I go out to Korea's finest clubs, bars and lounges pretty much every other night on the weekdays and everyday on the weekends to (I think in about 2 months, after I learn a little bit of the buyside business I'll probably go out every night on the weekdays). I know I was a stud in NYC but I pretty much get about, on average, 5-8 phone numbers a night and at least 3 hot chicks that say that they want to go home with me every night I go out. I love the buyside,.... I have bankers calling me everyday with opportunties and they pretty much cater to my every whim - you know (golfing events, lavish dinners, a night out clubbing). The guys I work with are also all chilll - I live in the same apt building as my VP and he drives me around in his Porsche (1 of 3 in all of Korea) to work and when we go out. What can I say,.... live is good,... CHUNG is KING of his domain here in Seoul.....

So,.... all of you fuckers better keep in touch and start making plans to come out and visit my ass ASAP, I'll show you guys an unbelievable time....My contact info is below....

Oh, by the way,... someone's gotta start fedexing me boxes of domes,...I brought out about 40 but I think I'll run out of them by Saturday.....

Laters,
CHUNG

Peter Chung
The Carlyle Group
Suite 1009, CCMM Bldg.
12, Yoido-dong, Youngdeungpo-ku
Seoul 150-010, Korea
Tel: (822) 2004-8412
Fax: (822) 2004-8440
email: pchung@thecarlylegroup.co.kr

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.