Personnel Security Responsibilities
(From the NSA Handbook)

Perhaps you an recall your initial impression upon entering an NSA facility. Like most people, you probably noticed the elaborate physical security safeguards--fences, concrete barriers, Security Protective Officers, identification badges, etc. While these measures provide a substantial degree of protection for the information housed within our buildings, they represent only a portion of the overall Agency security program. In fact, vast amounts of information leave our facilities daily in the minds of NSA personnel, and this is where our greatest vulnerability lies. Experience has indicated that because of the vital information we work with at NSA, Agency personnel may become potential targets for hostile intelligence efforts. Special safeguards are therefore necessary to protect our personnel.

Accordingly, the Agency has an extensive personnel security program which establishes internal policies and guidelines governing employee conduct and activities. These policies cover a variety of topics, all of which are designed to protect both you and the sensitive information you will gain through your work at NSA.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.