Wahoo! I never thought I'd be able to create this node.

Permission Denied is the message you see when Everything 2 doesn't want to let you see something. Probably so that us noders don't get into the bowels of the system and mess it all up...

I do recommend that they change things so instead of putting up this wall, we get to look at but not change the guts of the system. That would be kind of interesting.

Whenever an access to a resource is denied, the system returns and error called permission denied. This can often be the result of not having the correct access priveleges to the resource.

Yes said "No"

Well, in a world where chances are taken, things like this are bound to happen.

I've been denied permission.

I wished to node lyrics. Specifically lyrics for the band Yes.

I love Yes. I've been listening to yes for as long as I could hear, which should have been some time before I was born. I own every one of their albums, including the compilations, most of their videos, and have seen them in concert no less than 10 times, although I can't remember the exact number as the first time I attended one of their concerts was before I could even walk.

So in my striving to do it the proper way, I looked around and found someone who would have the power to grant or deny me the right to post their lyrics to another site.

If you have been paying attention, you'll know that I received a letter of rejection.

I could not find a way to get in contact with a member of the band directly, and I suspect that were I to hand write a letter to Jon explaining what I wished to do that he would likely grant me the permission I desire, but through the site for Steve Howe which is maintained by Notes From The Edge, the Yes fan letter, I was able to send a letter off to Mike Tiano, mike@nfte.org.

I sent the letter at 2:30 in the morning. I didn't expect a response for a couple of days. But I sit down to my computer this morning and there it is. Sent to me at 8:30 this morning. It's Sunday. Needless to say, as I won't be home long today and I have work on weekdays, I was pleased at the speed of the response. If only I could say the same for the content.

Reproduced here, for your benefit, is the entirety of his response:

Hi,

You are free to link to YesWorld for Yes song lyrics but you do not have permission to add them to your site.

Mike Tiano YesWorld

I have one of their songs written up here. I will leave it up as it means a lot to me. But, until I have a new ruling from a higher power, eg an actual member of the band, I will refrain from any further work on this matter.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.