Ah yes, who can forget the adventures
and Cousin Larry Appleton
in late eighties
to early nineties Chicago
? As a salute to the ABC
comedy series, what follows is the unofficial Perfect Strangers
Take a drink when:
Take two drinks when:
- Balki refers to the island of Mypos.
- Balki says "Get out of the city!"
- Larry wins an argument by asking Balki how many times he's done the act in question.
- Jennifer and Mary Anne start arguing.
- Balki calls Larry "Cousin Larry App-le-ton."
- Larry comes up with a scheme to make some quick money.
- Balki makes a joke and says, "Where do I come up with them?"
Take three drinks when:
- Harriet Winslow from Family Matters appears on the show.
- Gorpley tries to take advantage of Balki's naivete.
- Larry uses an idiom and Balki takes it literally.
- Balki's last name (Bartokomous) is mispronounced.
- Larry gets that look of greed on his face.
- Balki and Mary Anne laugh at the same time, and both finish with a simultaneous *sigh*.
- Balki cooks a Myposian delicasy (cold remedies are included.)
Down your beverage when:
- "Now we're so happy, we do the Dance of Joy!"
- Mary Anne and Jennifer's apartment is shown.
- A reference to Moonlighting is made.
- Balki gets a call from his mother in Mypos.
- Balki makes out with Mary Anne.
- Wayne Newton is mentioned.
- Someone from Mypos appears on the show (aside from Balki.)
- Jennifer slaps/punches Larry.
- One of the characters gets a new job.
- Balki wins an argument by asking how many times Larry has done the act in question.
- Something goes out the apartment window (this can be a piano, a bird, a cake, or even a person.)
Inspired by The Golden Girls Drinking Game