Perceptor is an Autobot in the Transformers cartoon series. He transformed into a giant microscope. He wasn't much of a fighter, and he spoke with a British accent. So of course, several of the other Autobots didn't like him.

The toy was kinda cool, because the microscope magnified things 10x. Plus, he came with two guns and the cylandrical part of the microscope became a cannon that rested on his shoulder. Of course, he never used it in the cartoon, but still...

Transforms from microscope to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: PERCEPTOR

FUNCTION: SCIENTIST
"One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure."

Unquenchable thirst for knowledge...seeks it to exclusion of all else...Main role is to study the best ways the Autobots can adapt to Earth. Extremely smart. Scientific specialties are metallurgy, molecular chemistry, electrical engineering. As microscope, capable of powerful magnification. Lens barrel converts into powerful light cannon. Carries concussion rifle in robot mode. Absent minded. Lenses are his weakest part.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 10
  • Speed: 2
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 10
Transformers Tech Specs


On the cartoon, Perceptor was always a bit of a weenie. He wasn't terribly good in a fight, and his accent just screamed "supercilious" even before you knew what the word meant. But the shoulder cannon looked cool, and the fact that he was a working microscope -- despite being only marginally more effective than a magnifying glass -- gave him real appeal. In fact, he came from the same "Microman" toy line that gave us Soundwave, Blaster and Megatron, among others.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.