People who use Windows are horrible people. They aren't even a human. They should have their children taken away. They should be shot on site. They should have no right to vote. They shouldn't be allowed to drive either. All Unix and Mac users should band together and wipe the Earth free of these sub-humans.

Anytime someone writes a node that includes "I use Windows" it should immediately be downvoted, ignore your usual habit of /msg them asking them to fix their node before downvoting. They don't use Linux or BSD or Mac or BeOS. They wouldn't understand. They couldn't understand.

Now I can understand why some conservative PWUW sympathisers would think that "well, maybe if they said "I use Windows" but then quickly added "but I have Linux on my other box!" they could be let off." Don't give in! You must always keep in mind THEY USE WINDOWS!! The worst OS on the market!! They obviously don't have the few days or weeks required to sit in front of your computer hours on end and conquer Unix's learning curve and totally unintuitive interface.

Once again, if you do come across a user who uses Windows, immediately downvote it and request a Nuke for it too. While you're at it, look at their other nodes and downvote them too. Get your friends to help out and hit as many of their nodes as possible.


Everything is no place for people who disagree with our ideas.




And so this writeup's reputation falls further and further away from the positive. People's grasp of satire is pathetic. Heaven forbid the day they stumble upon a copy of Modest Proposal.
Or maybe their browser just doesn't support the <sarcasm> tag.
I've been using windows for as long as I can remember, even when I had to ask my parents for help, even when I wasn't sure why windows existed. I used windows because.. it made me feel closer to nature, closer to air and trees that I couldn't quite reach from inside the walls of the place we called home.

I used windows. I still use windows, even though the one in my bedroom is painted shut and does not really function properly at all anymore.

People who use windows, are the people who don't have time to step outside and experience the world first hand. They take the filtered version, with the glass and screen and, the air that can never be as dreamy as it is when you stand in the middle of a field or, sit atop a hill.

I love windows.
People who use Windows are people just like you. They can be geeks, bankers, musicians, men, women. They can be anyone and everyone. Some of my best friends use Windows, some of the people I hate most use Windows. Windows is usually used not by choice, but by lack of knowledge of anything better. Even if everyone you know wanted to use Linux/Unix/MacOS, maybe they need Windows for their job, or to run an application they need. Windows, Linux, MacOS, they're all just operating systems. A way of running your computer.

Maybe everyone doesn't want to be a Unix Geek, maybe they don't need to have 100 day plus uptimes. Believe it or not, people who use Windows don't always care if their computer crashes, they aren't NASA, they aren't running a life support system. Its a computer, to some people its a thing to run AOL on and use Word, not a way of life.

(Disclaimer: I am a Unix Geek myself, but defining people by what Operating System they use is stupid)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.