Writes "girltalk" for Girlfriends, an advice (or agony aunt) column. Now known as Patrick Califia-Rice (as of mid-2000). A tremendous and prolific writer; perhaps it has something to do with being raised among the Mormons?


Partial Bibliography


No Mercy (2000)
Public Sex: The Culture of Radical Sex (2000)
The Code (2000)
Between Our Lips: Passionate Lesbian Verse (1999)
Forms of Desire (with Doris Kloster, Photographer)(1998)
Sensuous Magic: A Guide for Adventurous Couples (1998)
Sex Changes: The Politics of Transgenderism (1997)
Diesel Fuel: Passionate Poetry (1997)
The Second Coming: A Leatherdyke Reader (Editor, with Robin Sweeney). (1996)
Forbidden Passages: Writings Banned in Canada (Co-Editor, with Janine Fuller) (1995)
Doing It for Daddy: Short Sexy Fiction About a Very Forbidden Fantasy (1994)
Public Sex: The Culture of Radical Sex (1994)
Melting Point: A Collection of Erotic Short Stories (1993)
Doc and Fluff: The Distopian Tale of a Girl and Her Biker (1990)
Macho Sluts (Alyson:1988)
The Advocate Adviser: America's Most Popular Gay Columnist Tackles the Questions That the Others Ignore (date?)
Sapphistry: The Book of Lesbian Sexuality. Tee Corinne (Illustrator). (date?)

Califia edited, or otherwise contributed to:

Rough Stuff: Tales of Gay Men, Sex, and Power, Simon Sheppard (Editor) (2000)
Bitch Goddess: The Spiritual Path of the Dominant Woman (Editor) with Drew Campbell (Editor). (1998)
The Lesbian S/M Safety Manual : Basic Health and Safety for Woman-To-Woman S/M (Lady Winston Series) (Editor) (date unknown)

I believe, but have been unable to confirm, that Califia wrote new introductions for late-1990s reissues of the following titles in the Gor series; note: this may be an incomplete listing, as the novels have again been allowed to lapse from print, years refer to reissue dates. Visit the John Norman node for details on the original issues and more background on these science fiction, "soft core" BDSM hybrids.):

Assassin of Gor by John Norman. Paperback (1997)
Nomads of Gor by John Norman. (1997)
Raiders of Gor by John Norman. (1997)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.