Pancakes with Summer Fruit
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces/60 grams) whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces/80 millilitres) milk, skim/organic
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces/60 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 firm, ripe peaches or nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces/185 grams) raspberries or blackberries
- About 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C (425? F).
- In a bowl, beat together flour, sugar, milk and eggs. Set aside.
- In a 10-to 12-inch (25- to 30-cm) cast-iron frying pan over medium-high heat,
melt the butter.
- Add the peaches or nectarines and cook, stirring often, until fruit is
hot and slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on ripeness.
- Remove from the heat and scatter with the berries.
- Pour the egg mixture over the fruit in the pan and immediately
put in the oven.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 18 minutes.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and scatter icing
sugar over the top.
- Cut into wedges to serve. It's best if you warm the plates too.
- If desired, offer lemon slices. Remember, only 100% real Canadian maple syrup will do.