An outstanding progressive metal band from Sweden. Their music is intelligent, complex, expressive, and incredibly inspiring. They have released three albums, all of which are concept albums that deal in some way with the struggle of the individual against society.

Band members:

Discography:

In addition to being all that was stated above, it might be added that Pain Of Salvation's music is also incredibly emotional, and lyrics as well as the music itself is often able to move something deep within the listener.

All of the albums deal with important issues, such as war, environmental problems, social problems and death, and much of the inspiration is drawn from the songwriter Daniel Gildenlöw's studies of peacework and nuclear physics at the University of Gothenburg.

Musically, Pain Of Salvation is often compared to Dream Theater, Faith No More and many other progressive and symphonic bands, but nonetheless, their music is very original. Daniel Gildenlöw himself lists many bands as inspiration, including Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa, and writers such as Tolkien, Kurt Vonnegut and Salman Rushdie.

In conclusion, Pain Of Salvation truly shows that music is an art, and in this way differs from all the mass produced mainstream music that is so appreciated today. It is, in my opinion, the best band in existance.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.