A remake of the original PlayStation that was released in Japan on July 7, 2000 and will be released in mid-September, 2000 in the U.S.

The PS One was designed with portability in mind, but an AC adaptor is still needed for power. It comes with one Dual Shock controller. It measures 7.6" wide by 1.5" high by 5.7" deep. In comparison, it is roughly 1/3 the size of the original PlayStation.

A PlayStation the size of a CD walkman? Wow!

Sony plans to release a 4-inch LCD screen that will connect to the system. It also includes built-in stereo speakers.

The concept of a small video game system with the power of a PSX is great. Many other companies are trying it such as with the Gameboy Advance from Nintendo.

One of the benefits of a portable system would be to play it on the road. However, that can never be accompolished until a different power solution is used. I imagine that we'll probably see a car adapter or a battery system (read: power hungry!) in the future.

I cannot justify a PS2 because of already owning a DVD player and there being a small library of PS2 games right now.

I have a large library of PS1 games. It's time for a change, and the PS One looks like a good choice.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.