Principia Discordia
00022


POEE is pronounced "POEE"


An acronym for the PARATHEO-ANAMETAMYSTIKHOOD OF ERIS ESOTERIC. The first part can be taken to mean "equivalent deity, reversing beyond-mystique." Not really esoteric, it's just that nobody pays much attention, except for MY HIGH REVERENCE MALACLYPSE THE YOUNGER, AB, DD, the High Priest of POEE, and POEE is grounded in his espiskopotic revelations of The Goddess. He is called The Omnibenevolent Polyfather of Virginity in Gold.

The POEE HEAD TEMPLE is the Joshua Norton Cabal of The Discordian Society, which is located in Mal-2's pineal gland and can be found by temporally and spatially locating the rest of Mal-2. POEE has no treasury, no by-laws, no articles, no guides save Mal-2's pineal gland, and has only one scruple -- which Mal-2 keeps on his key chain. POEE has not registered, incorporated, or otherwise chartered with the State, and so the State does not recognize POEE or POEE Ordinations, which is only fair, because POEE does not recognize the State.


POEE has 5 DEGREES:

  1. LEGIONNAIRE DISCIPLE
  2. LEGIONNAIRE DEACON
  3. POEE PRIEST/PRIESTESS (or CHAPLAIN)
  4. HIGH PRIEST (POLYFATHER)
  5. POEE =POPE=

POEE LEGIONNAIRE DISCIPLES are neophytes authorized to initiate others as Discordian Society Legionnaires. PRIESTS appoint their own DEACONS from those catching on. The POLYFATHER ordains PRIESTS. I don't know about the =POPES=.

********************************

Bonus Content

********************************

Poee, or poie, is a Goan risen bread of Portuguese descent. Traditionally baked by a poder in a wood-fired clay oven called a tizel, it was leavened over a couple of days with a coconut palm wine (toddy). Modern recipes use yeast instead and are half each maida and whole wheat flour, plus water and salt. The same dough is used to make pao.

-- > < --


Additional Additional Bonus Content

POEE is also an acronym for the
POSTPARAPARODY-AS-APPLICABAL OF EVERYTHING ERISIAN.
Neither really esoteric nor exoteric, but both, or not, amongst other things.
(Nobody pays much attention to us, either. Possibilities unfold.)
Revealed on Setting Orange, the 48th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3189.

Omnia Discordia

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.