Brand name of Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol
Oral Contraceptive, Anti-acne
Dosage for adults
Ortho Tri-Cyclen is a hormone regimen which consists of four different dosages.
Dosage for children
- White tablets: 180 mcg norgestimate and 35 mcg ethinyl estradiol
- Light blue tablets: 215 mcg norgestimate and 35 mcg ethinyl estradiol
- Blue tablets: 250 mcg norgestimate and 35 mcg ethinyl estradiol
- Green tablets: placebo
Ortho Tri-Cyclen is supplied in tablet form. In addition to the active ingredients (see Dosage for adults) each tablet contains lactose, magnesium stearate, and pregelatinized starch.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen is the most popular form of reversible contraception in the United States. Over 16 million women take Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Ortho Tri-cyclen has also been shown to reduce acne in clinical trials. The failure rate of Ortho Tri-Cyclen is one-tenth of one percent when taken perfectly, 5% with typical use.
Date of most recent Update
August 6, 2002
Further information is available in the writeup for the generic name of this medication
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen® (norgestimate/ethinyl estradiol) a highly effective birth control pill that can help clear up your skin - http://www.orthotricyclen.com
- WebMD - Drugs & Herbs - Ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate - http://my.webmd.com/drug_article/article/4046.1832?bn=Ortho%20Tri%2dCyclen
Disclaimer: I am not a health professional, this is not medical advice, do not rely on this writeup for anything, your mileage may vary, guarantee void in Tennessee.