The Open Source Writers Group is now at http://www.oswg.org/ and from the OSWG web page ...
The Open Source Writers Group is a non-commercial, non-profit organization whose primary goal is to improve the overall quality and quantity of free open-source and open-content documentation. All OSWG activities and projects are related to this primary goal.
The following is a list of ways in which the OSWG works to fulfill this goal:
- Improving project-volunteer communication
- Improving project-project communication
- Providing free collaborative documentation tools and repository.
- Working to improve the usability of existing free documentation.
- Promoting open-source and open-content documentation projects.
- Providing an open-source and open-content news and announcements resource.
So if you use open source software and you aren't a programmer then you can help writing documentation.