A powerful myth that somewhere, out there, is a person who is the perfect soul mate or counterpart to you that once you two meet, you will be able to live happily ever after together forever.

A significant flaw in this theory is the fact that commonly cited examples of people who have met this one true tend to be fictional characters who have pretty tragic relationships in any case.

Just get a load of these inseparable pairings:

on my notebook
on my desk and on the trees
on sand and snow
i write your name

on all pages read
on all pages blank
stone blood paper or ash
i write your name

on the gilded images
on the arms of warriors
on the crowns of kings, oh love
i write your name

on all my rags of blue
on the pond, the musty sun
on the lake, the living moon
i write your name

on the echo of my childhood
i write it, your name
and lay the meagre power of a word
begin life again
for i was born to know you
and i was born to name you:
LIBERTY.

I don´t know if there is only one true love for each person in this world, I only know that I´ve found it and I will never let it go away.

Sometimes true love is hidden in front of you, sometimes it´s that little girl that always shouts at you, sometimes you look at someone´s eyes and you can see your future at her side. When I see her laughing, I feel really lucky.

Death must be the impossibility of loving again, Fyodor Dostoevsky, "The Brothers Karamazov".

I love you my Princess

I will always love you, darling, 'til the end of time
No force on earth can stop our love. To try would be a crime

So certain are my feelings, so sure, so real, so true
I can foresee no circumstance when I will not love you

Naked, intertwined, always faithful, always pure
Chained heart to heart eternally, forever to endure

Ecstasy unstoppable, a life of bliss ahead
Real joy and love for us, my dear, from now until we're dead

I know our lives together will be filled with total glory
The poets centuries ahead will tell of our love story

You need to keep this quiet. My wife won't understand.

 

For SuperMegaNodeFestQuest 2012. Shazam! - Category: Poetry

Cupid's Handiwork
ONE TRUE LOVE

Hi! Thank you for your purchase of a Cupid's Handiwork One True Love. The following letter includes a few guidelines, rules and tips on living with and caring for your recently purchased One True Love product.

One True Love products are NOT to be sold to anyone under the age of 18. For anyone below this age, please look into our First Love and Temporary Love packages or fill out an Early Request Assessment Form.

We do not allow for more than ONE One True Love product to be sold to any individual. Should your One True Love product not reach our Life Time Warranty, a form can be filled out assessing your eligibility for the Learning to Love Again package, here.

Caring for and Living with your One True Love product:

Your One True Love;

- Requires feeding several times a day, failure to do so will result in product deterioration and possible terminal failure.

- Is fitted with a respiratory system and requires a constant supply of oxygen. Any obstruction, lack of supply or substitution of oxygen to your One True Loves respiratory system may result in terminal failure. We recommend immediate action to be taken should any of the above occur.

- Requires approximately 8 hours recharge time at the end of each day. Your One True Love should be placed in a large, warm and comfortable bed for the duration of this time. Constant disturbance of your One True Loves time in rest mode may result in an unhappy One True Love and further developing problems.

- Is not washing machine friendly. Though we do urge cleaning of your One True Love to be performed daily, we recommend the use of a shower or bath. In order to keep your One True Love happy we recommend a similar routine to be followed for your self.

- Is not designed to be physically or mentally abused. Poor treatment of your One True Love in this manner may cause damage that is not covered by our Life Time Warranty.

- Is NOT compatible with any other Cupid's Handiwork product or cheap imitation products. Any attempts made to have more than one of our products in your life will result in a life long purchasing ban on One True Love products and a lock in on our Prostitute and One Night Stand lines.

Our One True Love products are made durable and reliable, they will last our life time warranty if treated with the correct care procedures. Should you be unhappy with the One True Love you have received, please feel free to call our Personal Crisis line to discover if you really know what you want in life.

Thank you for choosing Cupid's Handiwork to take care of your Love Life needs!

Signed,
Cupid

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.