We've seen it in Once More Unto the Breach (DS9), and the remix CD Once More Into the Bleach. We even heard it in Baldur's Gate as the battle cry of Garrick. Even diehard RPGamers may not remember it, as Minsc's exhortation was far more memorable. Go for the eyes, Boo! It was also said by Zarna, a little-known human cannonball, and was rephrased into "Once More Unto the Brink: Cuban Crisis Relived," a tribute to the 30th anniversary of the Cuban Missile Crisis in a 1992 article of the New York Times.

This quote originates from Shakespeare's Henry V. Specifically, it was his call to his army before they invaded France at the beginning of act 3. As his soldiers bring ladders against the wall of Hafleur, he offers this as encouragement and goes into a powerful monologue to bolster their resolve. He finishes up his speech and the scene with a valiant "Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'"

It is also a cultured outburst as your shotgun leads the way into 2fort during a good game of TFC. Very effective when sandwiched between "prepare to die, nerd boy" and "drink cold, piss warm and fuck the Huns!"

Bibliography:
Bartlett's Familiar Quotations edition 16
Gregory Y. Titelman's Popular Proverbs and Sayings

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.