Name: Ogata Megumi
Birth: June 6th, 1965 (Gemini)
Birthplace: Tokyo
Blood Type: B
Height: 168 cm (about 5'6")
Shoe Size: 24.5 cm


Ogata Megumi - seiyuu (Japanese: voice actor)

Born in Tokyo, Ogata Megumi was raised in a family with classical-music interests, and at an early age, she too would take up this preoccupation with the arts. She began playing piano at age 3 and would continue to learn various instruments -- the guitar, bass, and cello, for example. Although displaying an interest for acting in primary school, she set it aside in junior high when she chose to concentrate more on handball and basketball. Her interest in theater, however, revived in high school, when she began her work on stage. Megumi's role as a boy would foreshadow her brilliant future.

Although at first wanting to give up university study for drama, Megumi was stopped by her father and continued to study for another year. But when the drama club of the university was moved, Megumi would end her period at the university and left to study music. Following an argument with her father, she moved away from her family and began her new life...

In the times following while Megumi was enrolling at musical schools, she kept up her interest in music by playing in small clubs and bars as a part time job. Eventually, she would become an actress -- part of the "Neverland Musical Community" -- if only until she was 24, when the community closed. In search of a new job, she took a course at the "Aoni Production" (a seiyuu company) and would begin her career in voice acting.

The starting point of her success, Megumi's role as Kurama (in the anime "Yu Yu Hakusho") -- despite not even being a fully qualified seiyuu -- led to her continued popularity. Voicing Haruka of "Sailor Moon," Megumi's renown skyrocketed. In 1995, she played the character of Ikari Shinji (maybe you've heard of him, ^^) in the anime "Neon Genesis Evangelion."

Megumi's singing would not stop with her voice acting, however. Starting in 1994, she released several full-length albums in a relatively short period of time. Her first live tour, "Multipheno," took place in 1996, and in the following year she sang a song for the film "Time Leap" -- a first for a seiyuu. Furthermore, Megumi went to Hong Kong in November of 1998 for an oversea concert tour; she was the first seiyuu to perform outside of Japan.

Ogata's numerous roles and careers (including radio drama, radio shows, cd dramas, videos, and stage performances) have produced her well-deserved fame in Japan. She continues her work and wonderful voice-acting..


ANIME ROLES - TV

Artimage III (Julian Moore)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R (Petz)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S (Tenou Haruka (Sailor Uranus))
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Tenou Haruka (Sailor Uranus))
Captain Tsubasa J (Misugi Jun)
Card Captor Sakura (Tsukishiro Yukito)
Magic Knight Rayearth (Princess Emeraude, Eagle Bijon)
Rekka no Honou (Aki)
Shinseiki Evangelion (Neon Genesis Evangelion) (Ikari Shinji, Nurse, Operator)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Kurama)

ANIME ROLES - OAV

Ah Megami-Sama! (young Morisato Keiichi)
Artimage III (Julian Moore)
Bakuretsu Hunter (Milfy Yu)
Fushigi no kuni no Miyuki-chan (Miyuki-chan in Wonderland) (Tourei)
Kodomo no Omocha (Hayama Akito)
Magic Knight Rayearth (Princess Emeraude, Eagle)
Maps (Shian)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Kurama)

ALBUMS

Half Moon (March 16, 1994)
Marine Legend (April 21, 1995)
Winter Bird (December 13, 1995)
Tajuujinkaku (Multipheno) (October 28, 1996)
Santa Claus ni Naritai (November 11, 1996)
Ogata Megumi Live: Multipheno Concert Tour 1996 Winter Concert (March 5, 1997)
MO (March 11, 1998)
Megumi Ogata Live (em:ou) Concert Tour 1998 in Tokio to Hong Kong (March 13, 1999)
BEST "RUNNER" (June 30, 1999)

SINGLES

Tenki Ame ga Futta Hi (Jan 21, 1996)
Kaze no Bohyou (May 25, 1996)
Kizutsukanai ai wa iranai (July 10, 1996)
Wine Red no Kokoro (October 7, 1996)
Time Leap (May 25, 1997)
Jealousy no aza (December 17, 1997)
Vacation map (February 11, 1998)
Rasen (November 18, 1998)
Hikari Wo Sagashite
Run
Silver Rain (July 1, 1999)
Animal Eyes (August 22, 1999)


{ A more complete list is available at http://members.nbci.com/iria8/ogata/megumi.htm. These anime roles are just some of the more popular. }

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.